TypeScript support, multiple ct.js windows support, translations, and a bunch of QoL improvements and fixes
Though I had little time working on ct.js these days, our marvellous community has made up for it and prepared a huge set of bug fixes, improvements, and cool new features!
Shoutout to @markmehere, @firecakes, Tho_mas from Discord, @FlipFloop, and @leedigital for their pull requests!
- @markmehere added support for TypeScript syntax (yay!), ARM builds for MacOs, and multi-window workflow, besides polishing and maintaining other stuff.
- @firecakes solved an issue with unintended property linking in the room editor when you duplicate copies and change their properties.
@leedigital, once again, worked on better cross-platform support and provided fixes for edge cases with the filesystem.
- Tho_mas helped fix the ct.capture.object method and introduced a new one — ct.capture.portion, to take a portion of the screen as a downloadable screenshot.
- @FlipFloop optimized image assets used by the editor, so it should be a bit slimmer now.
Sarpmanon, GambleBranch, @leedigital, @emaoshushu, @FlipFloop, and @rtauziac were also working hard and updated Turkish, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese and French translations 🎉 This release is such a great jump in translation quality thanks to you! 💖
Thanks to myOmochi Games for supporting me on Boosty. We also got new patrons — Dēmētrius ille and GAKONS, and even a sponsor — Alexandr Chubutkin!
You can support me on Boosty, too, by becoming a patron or making a one-time donation: https://boosty.to/comigo
I've also remade the old patron screen in ct.js to display patrons from a new donation/subscription system.
Mon Nov 07 2022
✨ New Features
⚡️ General Improvements
Add context menu to the room editor to delete, copy, and paste items
Better French translations (#371 by @rtauziac aka Crazyrems)
Clean up gulpfile from unneeded packages and remove builds after zipping them
Complete patrons tab, add a little shoutout to the starting screen
portion method (by Tho_mas), fix
Define types for all the keys of IProject
Lossless image optimization for ct.js assets (#374 by @FlipFloop)
Notepad now accepts free text (#376 by @markmehere)
Tabbable copies and improved keyboard support in the room editor (#372 by @markmehere)
Tooltip and alt-click for palette color removal (#375 by @markmehere)
🌐 Add Turkish translation by Sarpmanon from our Discord server!
🌐 Update Dutch translation, by GambleBranch
🌐 Update Brazilian Portuguese translation (#384 by @leedigital)
🌐 Update Chinese Simplified translations (#385 by @emaoshushu)
🌐 Better French translation (#393 by @FlipFloop)
🌐 Update Russian translation
🐛 Bug Fixes
- Add a missing name field to IStyle interface
- Apply changes in the properties panel when saving a room
- Delete typings on reset all (#373 by @markmehere)
- Examples on Mac should be clonable only (can't save inside the app itself)
- Fix a dumb typo in project-selector tag
- Fix a tiny typo at russian description of Frame End event
- Fix broken Pointer Enter, Pointer Leave events
- Fix custom property cloning link issue (#388 by @firecakes)
- Fix issues with timer events in the Catsteroids example
- Fixed bug of not showing texture and sound gallery when ctjs is run outside of your home directory (#386 by @leedigital)
- Names of content types should be marked as required
- Remove Wheel Scroll event — it was never supported by pixi.js v5.3.9. Use Actions and ct.pointer inputs instead.
🍱 Update vuepress to v2-beta-51
🐛 Fix English headers in informative blocks on Russian locale
⚡ Update several Russian pages
Ct.js is a free and open-source game engine supported by you. Consider supporting us on Patreon or contributing to the project directly by adding new features, improvements, and bugfixes to our repository.